Monday, July 28, 2008

Conversation with Greg.....

History.... I'm taking a girls only trip up North to my friend Janice's second home. It's right on the border of Lake Superior in White Pine, MI. We'll be leaving on Thursday and coming back next Tuesday evening.

So I'm in the van with Greg and we are talking about the trip. Greg says, "How long will you be gone?" To which I tell him..... and he says, "Six days? I didn't know you'd be gone that long. Are you going to make me a stew or something?"

What the heck? I laughed so hard! First of all, Greg doesn't eat stew. He doesn't like any kind of soup either. The man was in the Navy and cooked for himself long before he knew me. He can cook. BUT since marrying me, it seems that he has forgotten how to cook......and I don't mind at all because when I don't feel like cooking we order out, etc.... so it works. And he does cook on occasion if I'm sick or in the middle of something. I just thought it so funny that he's worried about how he will be fed while we are away...... I guess you had to be there.

Oh, and I told him that I'd make him a lasagna and he was happy to hear that. Men.....

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think you should make him a big pot of stew;oP

I hope you have a wonderful trip with the girls! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Claire said...

LoL! Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear the details...and maybe see some pictures. ;P