Friday, July 25, 2008

We're on Vacation.....

Greg is on a thirteen day vacation and I must say that it has been beyond wonderful to have him here with us.

Parker went on a two week trip with his Papaw. They ventured out to Texas and to Mexico this summer. I was so relieved that they made it back before the terrible weather set in where they were vacationing (Corpus Christi, Brownsville area)

While they were gone my niece stayed with us. She is almost eighteen and I'm very close to her. She is Ida's biological sister so Ida was thrilled to have her here with us for two weeks. The girls had so much fun with Amber. They had dance contests, watched movies together, swam in the pool, went to the beach, ate ice cream, had girl talks, etc..... Adasen cried the most when Amber left. This was the first year I cried because I am unsure if I will see Amber next year. She will be graduating from high school and starting a new chapter of her life. We do hope that she will come back though.

My Dad and Amber left on Monday and then we headed out for our trip to the Great Wolf Lodge water resort in the Dells on Tuesday. The weather was beautiful and I was thankful for that. It was nice to get out of Appleton for a few days.

We came back a day early but we still feel like we are vacationing because Greg doesn't go back to work until Wednesday.

I am so blessed to have this summer off. While we are only taking one vacation, we are doing a lot of small things together and to be honest, it's just nice to NOT have to live by an alarm clock each day and to be able to go when we want to go and to do what we want to do.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

So glad you have begun to blog! I can't wait to be able to keep up with the Parret Five!

YAY!

Parrett Five said...

((Thanks Jamie)). I still need to figure out how to get a cool layout. The only ones I've seen are very basic....

Claire said...

Woo Hoo, I found your blog through Jamie's comments! Glad to see you hear; I can't wait to keep up with you and your family through your blog! :)

Parrett Five said...

Hey Claire!!!!! It's great to hear from you. Can you tell me how to change my layout???

Parrett Five said...

Hey Claire!!!!! It's great to hear from you. Can you tell me how to change my layout???

Jamie said...

Yeah Claire...and then do mine for me! ;oP

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.