Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The trip is back on.....knock on wood!

Janice called around 12:20 this afternoon to inquire if I had made other plans for the weekend. She went on to say that her sister was sort of pulling her strings and that she told her to go on her trip. What the heck? I started crying like a big baby and told Janice exactly how much her remarks had hurt me and that I didn't deserve to be treated like that. I also told her that she needed to get all of the details about going or not going on our trip before she called me..... so she ended up calling a few hours later to tell me that her sister did her work trip via the phone and it was all worked out for us to leave. I asked if she felt comfortable doing that given the fact that her Dad is still in the hospital, etc... offered to take separate vehicles up.... but she assured me that everything was fine and that she needed to get away. She also apologized very sincerely about what she said to me. She said that none of it was true, that she was stressed over her sister's antics and took it out on the wrong person, etc..... and I told her that I accepted and appreciated her apology, that we could still go on the trip, and that it was forgotten and not to mention it again (she's the type that apologizes again and again and again..... and I'm the type that if I accept it's done and want to move on.) Life is too short. I just want to be treated the way that I treat her....
So our trip is on. We leave tomorrow morning and will be returning Tuesday evening.
I'll be sure to give you all the scoop and share pictures (Jamie, I know you are doing a happy dance over that! LOL) once I get back.
Thanks for listening to my vent in the earlier post. I was so upset and I just needed to get it out. Shopping at Macy's helped, too. LOL In my defense, I did need a few things. LOL

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Woo-hoo! Glad you and the girls get to go on your trip! And I'm even happier that your friend apologized.

So now go and enjoy yourself. And yes, I'll be happy dancing when I see the blog update AND photos!

HAVE FUN!