Thursday, August 7, 2008

We're back.....

and the girls had a blast! I had fun too, although there were some low points that I choose not to go into detail about. I just want to focus on the good things!

We got a tour of the copper mine in White Pine, Michigan. The kids loved it. I saw tons of tiny bats and took lots of pictures. Adorable!

We hiked in the Porcupine Mountains to see the Falls. Amazing.....the sound of the rushing waters and the views were breathtaking to say the least.

We ate at Konteka restaurant. There is a glass window that separates you from wild bears eating food tossed out by the restaurant workers. It was so fun to watch the bears in action. (These are not hand raised bears. They wander in from the forest at their leisure.) We were told that a coyote and a few other critters wander in but we only saw three black bears.

We spent a day at the beach collecting beautiful rocks and walking along the shore to view a ship wreck.

We saw the sunset at this special spot where people come and sit on benches and washed up logs..... they make fires, cook, roast marshmallows, serenade their spouses, etc... and take tons and tons of pictures of the beautiful scenery. We went twice and I could have gone every night.

There was a beautiful butterfly that befriended the three girls while we were at the cabin. This butterfly (Flutter) was always with the girls. He would rest on their shirts, their hands, etc.... Flutter even drank sugar water from my hand. It was so awesome to have a butterfly drink home made nectar from my hand! Flutter would sleep in his bush at night and then find the girls in the morning or when we were at home in the evening hours. Yes, I have lots of pictures!

We also visited Janice's friend's cabin that sits on 80 acres of beautiful property. Gary takes pride in his place and it shows! Gary has a huge (and I mean huge) pond that he stoked with turtles and fish. The kids caught turtles and then had a race with them to see which one could get back to the water the fastest. Talk about fun! Adasen is my little country girl. She caught nine turtles on her own. Ida caught one with my help. She was content to try and it was fun to watch her go after the frogs.

We had a wonderful time in White Pine, Michigan. We experienced so many firsts that I know I'll never forget. It was a beautiful area and a constant reminder of God's wonders.....

I have to figure out how to post pictures. As soon as I do, I promise to show them off!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you and the girls had such a nice time. And now I'm really dying to see the photos;o)

Welcome home!

Claire said...

Yay, so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to see those pictures. :)

And, I see that you've recently read the Twilight Saga. I just started Eclipse today and as expected, I can't put it down. Have you started on Breaking Dawn yet?

I'm even trying to get Mark to read it...the last time I did that was when he teased me for Harry Potter but guess who couldn't put those down either...LoL!

Parrett Five said...

I just blogged about Breaking Dawn. I finished it in less than one day! I loved it!

Claire said...

I just bought Breaking Dawn today. I haven't started it yet; I was going to while the boys napped but my little sister is in the hospital so that takes priority. ;P Maybe tonight...I don't want it to be over but I'm anxious to see how things play out.

Maryann said...

Lisa that is so awesome about the Konteka restaurant. I have never heard about a restaurant like that before. I bet Nathan would love that. And soooo awesome about the butterfly! Amazing!!