Thursday, October 16, 2008

My son's mission trip.....

My son Parker is eleven years old. He is very mature for his age and I am so proud to be his Mother.

Parker has always wanted to go on a Mission's trip. He found out that in his third year of Breakout (Religion Class) he would have the opportunity to take a mission trip.

Parker was beyond excited when the paperwork came out for the mission trip. I signed him up that day, paid his fees, and ran the paperwork up to church as there is limited space for the trip. Parker was accepted!

He leaves this Friday evening and returns Sunday afternoon. He will be staying at the Silver Birch Ranch in Wisconsin. This place has camping, weekend retreats, etc... and Parker will be doing various things to help out. The mission trip is called the Dish Crew so I have a feeling Parker will be doing a lot of dishes.

He will also have opportunities to dig into the Word, spread the Gospel, pray.... and he's so excited and so ready for this new adventure!

I could not be more proud of my son for wanting to do this.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he will be traveling away from home with people we don't know.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Lisa! That is so awesome. How wonderful that he has such a heart of service at such a young age! He will definitely be in my prayers this weekend and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Claire said...

How awesome and wonderful! Parker will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend! Can't wait to read the details.