Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm back......

It has been a busy week and a half! Greg and I celebrated 14 years of marriage on the 20th. We took the kids up to Michigan on the 19th so Greg's parents could watch them for us. We just wanted a few days to ourselves (well, we still had to care for the dogs, the fish, and the hamster. The snake was ok. LOL) to hang out and be a couple.

We took in a few movies. Stepbrothers has terribly crude humor but my goodness we laughed so hard. The entire movie had us in stitches.

We ate an amazing restaurant in Green Bay called Hinterland. The menu was beyond anything I had ever seen in my life. Well, except on Chef Gordon Ramsey's show, Hell's Kitchen. The food itself was unbelievable! Greg and I never tasted so many wonderful flavors and each complimented the next. It was an amazing dining experience that we will treasure for a very long time.

Greg and I did a lot of little things but we laughed and we talked....and we held hands. It was so refreshing to have that time together. We are already looking ahead to next August!!

This week has been filled with last minute school errands, an interview for my daycare, and lots of organizing! I'm tired...... and school starts in a few short days?? Goodness, where did my summer go? It was over in the blink of an eye.

The kids are all played out and they are ready to get back to the school routine. It's a welcomed change at least for the first week or two. LOL

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you and Greg had such a wonderful anniversary.

Summer did fly by. It's amazing how quickly life happens when you are busy watching your children grow.

Maryann said...

Congrats on 14 years!!

Our one year is coming up Sept 22. Which is also my 26th birthday.